Friday, February 3, 2012

My Dream Work



My Dream Work

Recently, I had cause to really think about what my "ideal" job would be. This was no easy task. The problem being that I have a huge range of interests. For years I wanted to be an astronomer. Then for a while I wanted to be a geologist. Archaeology sounded very interesting! However, I also like working with numbers, and keeping figures in order. That makes doing a home budget into a pleasant evening pastime! On top of all that, I enjoy designing web pages and creating graphics. Coming from an artistic family, I like to dabble with drawing once in a while, to say nothing of writing stories.

The fact is, though, that I ended up working a typical eight-hour day in an office in general administration in the construction industry. It's not that the position is so bad; in fact, it has its own benefits. The big drawback is that it takes quite a chunk out of my day, leaving only a few daylight hours to try to do any of those other activities. And that doesn't count my bird-keeping hobby, or my garden, or playing badminton or squash, and, of course - and this is by no means the least - my family.

cars mortgage computers gifts flowers insurance jobs homes

I think I need more hours in a day.

Since I can't make the days any longer, I am carefully considering my options. Clearly, it is a physical impossibility to do all of the above, at least, all at once. I could allot a few years to each. Perhaps by the time I have become a competent astronomer, there will be spaceships to take me out to the newest travelling telescope. Perhaps, by then, scientists will also have found a way to make us stay younger and fitter for longer.

But that brings me back to the initial problem: of the time I have to put into any of those extra activities. I conclude that the best option, and possibly the most personally rewarding, is to work from home.

Ah! Choosing my own working hours! Writing a bit here, doing a bit of accounting there. Working solidly for a morning on the computer followed by a creative afternoon in front of the canvas. And if I really need a break, get out the squash racquets and wheedle my grown-up daughter into playing with me for an hour or two. After all, we both need the exercise!

The biggest question of all is: Would it work? Is there genuinely enough opportunity out there to generate an ongoing income, at least to the degree to which I have been accustomed? (And that isn't huge.)

I've been on the World Wide Web since 1996. I've seen the growth, many of the changes, and the offers. I've researched some of them carefully. Some are obviously scams. Others I'm not so sure about, and then the doubts creep in. Can I make it in this online working community in the year 2012?

It's time to find out. As the saying goes, "nothing ventured, nothing gained". At least I'll know for sure if working from home is a financially sensible choice. It might be fun! And if it doesn't work out, there's likely to be a sunny little office somewhere, crying out for someone like me.



countrywide home loans jobs
google internet work from home
online jobs work from home
loan originator opportunity work from home
mexico city swine flu work from home
work at home jobs phone actress
work from home transcription
home business opportunity
based business christian home
work schedule template for nursing homes
home business opp
virtual it jobs home based
work from home linux admin
will windows vista home premium upgrade work on clean install
work from home for arise
employment business opportunities work at home jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment